Kentonfrank are big fans of Software as a Service, and we offer a commercial model for Membership CMS that grows with your business.
Software as a Service (aka SaaS), is still an emerging technology that has become possible and popular in the last 10 years. Instead of clients buying a license for software, they buy a subscription, and the software is offered as a service, executed remotely instead of at the client's servers and accessed through the Internet. Software as a Service is closely related to cloud computing, and holds many benefits for organisations. Here are a few:
- SaaS is ‘on-demand’ so companies only pay for what they need and it scales up (and down) with your business as needed.
- SaaS can also help cashflow as you can pay monthly rather than the capital investment of software licenses or the cost of big upfront installs.
- Unlike licensed product vendors, on demand SaaS providers have a strong interest in making sure that their customers products work and have a great service.
- SaaS removes the need for costly hardware maintainence, since those responsibilities come with the subscribed services.
- The Software as a Service model ensures that you will be working on the latest and most updated version of the software, you are never going to have to go out of date or have to schedule in ‘upgrades’.
- You are never going to drop to the bottom of the IT teams list, SaaS has dedicated support and you are never going to have to queue up behind a more business critical call on the IT departments time
- Multi-location deployment is a breeze. It is simply a question of having internet access and all being able to access the same data.
- Data security and backups are part of the service without costing a fortune
- New features get added to the product to keep up with market changes such as mobile access, this keeps you up to date and ahead of the game.